SPECTRA has been commissioned to deliver sexual health services via an Outreach, Prevention and Engagement Programme in Wandsworth to support identified vulnerable/high risk individuals who meet the qualifying criteria. Services include counselling, mentoring, group work, 121 in-depth support, outreach, HIV testing and STI screening.
- Live, work or socialise/in education in Wandsworth
- 13+ years,
- Not attending mainstream ISH services, difficulty attending ISH services.
- Unprotected sex, Low/unrealistic knowledge levels around sex and sexual health
- Sexual exploitation and consent issues
- Consent, Protection, Harassment, Bullying and Abuse.
- Groups can include, and not limited to: Boys and Young Men, Learning Difficulties, Disabilities, Young LGBT (up to 25, but with an emphasis on Under 18s), Homeless/risk of homeless, Black African and Black Caribbean communities.
COUNSELLING eligibility criteria includes the above, plus:
- Consent to counselling assessment which indicates counselling is appropriate and suitable.
- Client consents/commits to attend regular sessions
- Client is stable and not under the care of other therapeutic professionals.
Spectra’s Wandsworth team include: Outreach Mentor, Counsellor, Outreach Programme Manager and Programme Sessional staff.
- Sex and sexual health
- Healthy Relationship Challenging Unhealthy Gender roles/perception and identity,
- Consent, Self-esteem/healthy self, Pornography/exploitation,
- Sexual Bullying (incl. social and online media), Stigma/discrimination,
- Sexualised use of Drugs & Alcohol and Mindfulness for stress/health.
- Offering sexual health and contraception information, risk assessment, HIV testing, STI screening,
- Specific group events
- National campaigns, such as national HIV Testing Week (NHTW)
For referring a young person to our mentoring or 1-2-1 support service, please complete and return the referral form.
If you are interested in a group provision (singular or series of 6) or have questions about referring an individual for a one-to-one intervention (up to 6 sessions) please do get in touch.
Oliver O’Donohoe, Wandsworth Outreach Mentor firstname.lastname@example.org / 07731 012072
For Counselling contact: email@example.com