West London Trans Group
12th December 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 3:00 pm on day Second of the month, repeating until 31st March 2022
Brunel University Meeting House
The meeting House, 8 Ratcliffe Cl, Uxbridge
London,UB8 2DEUnited Kingdom
- This event has passed.
After Covid19 restrictions meant that we moved our services online, trans services at Spectra are thrilled to announce the relaunch of the transgender and non-binary social groups.
Please note these groups will run alongside the online groups which will still run on the same schedule. We look forward to welcoming you back to the groups.
At every session there are:
- free light refreshments
- an opportunity to learn more about Spectra’s trans services and get involved in supporting other trans people.
- changing facilities available and wheelchair accessible.
To protect all our group members, please do not attend the face to face group meeting if you are having any cold or flu symptoms, or answer “yes” to any of the following questions.
Today or within the last 10 days,
- Have you had a high temperature?
- Have you had any of the following symptoms: a new, continuous cough or a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you been contacted by the NHS test and trace services and asked to self-isolate?
- Have you been traveling abroad?
- Has anyone in your household or your close contacts had (or does anyone currently have): a high temperature, a new continuous cough, or a loss of, or change to, their sense of taste or smell?
- Has anyone in your household or your close contacts tested positive for COVID-19?
Free Parking: go to the main entrance at Kingston lane and press the button at the barrier and tell security that you are attending an event at the meeting house. There is free parking (pay and display is not enforced on Sundays) by the pond and the meeting house is across the road from the pond, behind the Marie Jahoda building.
If you have any questions or would like to have further discussions around your access needs prior to joining the group, please email us at Trans@spectra-london.org.uk.
Spectra’s Empowerment and Support programme’s peer led non-binary and trans groups offer an opportunity for a diverse range of people who identify on the trans and non-binary spectrum to meet and engage like-minded individuals to explore, discuss and support each other in a safe, welcoming space. Addressing a range of issues faced by individuals – social isolation, stigma, prejudice and transphobia, that can lead to gender dysphoria, isolation and poor mental health.