Following a 2022 procurement exercise for Sexual Health and HIV Prevention services to the London boroughs of Wandsworth, Richmond, Sutton, Kingston and Merton, previous contract holders Spectra and partners METRO Charity and KWA Africa, all community based peer support agencies, will continue to deliver service provision.
Services, for people who live, work, or attend education in the boroughs, will split into four areas of priority:
- Sexual Health Services for Young People (YP)
- HIV Prevention & Support Service
- Sex Worker Support Service
- Sexual Health Outreach, Prevention & Engagement Service
Following the set-up of a new service for Sex Workers Support, within the London Boroughs of Richmond and Wandsworth, and review of the current Young Persons provision of the service, the new contract launches formally April 3, 2023. Majority of service remains as is, with some areas receiving additional activity, including, but not limited to:
Sexual Health Service for Young People (all boroughs except Sutton):
- Education sessions/ 1-to-1 interventions delivered in schools/youth settings.
- Boys & Young Men Support.
HIV Prevention & Support (all five boroughs):
- Support minority communities in raising knowledge of HIV/STI.
- Group work to encourage positive behaviour change.
- Outreach activity, including STI/HIV testing at community testing sites.
Sex Worker Support Service (London Boroughs of Richmond & Wandsworth only):
- Community outreach Sessions
- Provision of safer sex initiatives, including testing and treatment.
- Advocacy support to include support with wider issues.
Sexual Health Outreach, Prevention & Engagement Service (Wandsworth, Richmond & Merton only):
- Improve knowledge of high risk groups (incl. Trans communities and people with learning disabilities) understanding of safer sex, contraception, STI/HIV transmission, and 1-to-1 support.
- Community outreach activities.
Information on the service will be available via online web pages at www.spectra-london.org.uk/SWL including overview of services, referral pathways and contact details for individual service delivery workers.
Further information is available from Spectra Operations Manager, John Dugdale, via email@example.com