A series of creative workshops for those living with HIV
Our friends at Positive East are looking for individuals to join them on a journey of creative exploration as part of a new creative writing and performance project.
The sessions will be co-facilitated by performance poet, trainer and HIV activist Bakita Kasadha who uses writing to explore her experiences of living with HIV.
You will each have the opportunity to develop your own creative voice. Using the theme of ‘Talking Progress’ as inspiration, our weekly sessions will explore:
- Autobiography: expressing our sense of ‘’self’ and our own personal journeys
- Fiction: harnessing our potential to dream and imagine
- Poetry: unlocking the playful power of language
- Drama games: having fun and getting to know others
- We will work towards a sharing of our work at a celebration event at Positive East. This will be presented alongside performances of some of our past monologues.
- You’re welcome to share your work as part of this event, but there is no pressure
No experience needed- just a curious and open mind!
- 5 sessions every Wednesday evening: 14th March – 11th April, 6.30- 8.30pm
- Performance and celebration event at Positive East: Thursday 19th April, 7-9pm
- Refreshments will be provided at each workshop
- Positive East, 159 Mile End Rd, London E1 4AQ
To sign up and for more information
- To sign up, or If you have any questions please email Jessie on: firstname.lastname@example.org or click here
- Click on the HIV Voices website here
- Check out facilitator’s Bakita Khasada website and TedX talk here